Saturday, November 19, 2011

Finally, Winter Break!

Yes! My first fall quarter at SCAD is over and I get to enjoy almost a month long winter break!  Anyway, I had a good time at SCAD.  I met some talented artists, made some great friends, and learned how I can improve my artistic skills. Once again, I would like to thank my God, family, teachers, and old and new friends for encouraging me to draw, dream, and improve my art.  God, thank you for giving the spark of creativity and showing me the near infinite possibilities in human creativity.  Mom and Dad, thanks for never giving up on me and helping me to pursue  a career in art and animation.  Thank you art history Professor Leader for encouraging me to explore how understanding art history is beneficial to human society today.  Thank you drawing Professor Clifford for improving my artistic skills.

I really felt my artistic skills had improved.  I know my strengths and my weaknesses and how to improve them for the better.  Here's my drawings from the beginning of the quarter to the end:

First Line drawing!
Second  Linear line drawing with contour lines and cross contour lines.
First Ellipse drawing.

Second ellipse drawing.
Third line drawing on ellipses and studying detail and line weight.

(Not a good picture) Midterm Linear drawing on perceptive and ellipses.

Final Drawing on Value.
I am still going to talk about linear perspective next week along other helpful tools I learned this quarter.  During the break I'll continue to study over the material and apply it to my artwork.  I'm also going to take a break from fantasy art to draw and study from life for a bit, just to improve my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment