Friday, March 25, 2011

Ancient art dump from my younger years....

 From the dusty piles of boxes full of dusty old artwork I bring you...
...a bad drawing of a cat person from almost ten years ago?


So yeah, old as dirt surviving artwork showing off my tween's knowledge of anatomy, style, composition, and what not.  But the art gets better, I swear, my most recent posts are proof!


Oh...why did I choose to shove my characters to one side of the page?!


For some odd reason, he's still my favorite character.


This is what Vistalgia's forerunners looked like.


Anatomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So many errors still!


Anatomy still!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later, I learned how to ink my characters and they have slightly better anatomy.


Old Character with a tragic back story...


I love bugs, mostly praying mantises. Her concept is based of them.


Before Vistalgia there was Gothica.


Isn't the coloring great in this picture?


What about this one?


Why I keep adding wings to every thing?


Anatomy!!!!!


He's angry about the way I drew him. Deal it, tigerman.





Later still, I started working with color pencils. And I got better. (2005-2007)


Vistalgia's design inspired by the (fail) movie, Eragon. The only thing I liked about that movie was

Saphira's design...everything else was fail.

Vistalgia's character design development.




This was what I thought that dragons in heaven looked like. (I'm glad I changed the design to something else)


Remember Drew, this is more tragic brother with a even more tragic back story. Oh, furry angst.


Some alien cat thing with a unpronounceable name.


Another cat alien thing.
 More recent stuff. (2008-2009)


From my creature hand-sketch-book.


Better color pencil coloring.


Beautiful blue bird.


Phoenix character for a story.


Based off of snails.


Vistalgia again.


More focused on still life during this time.
My hand was sore after I finished this.




Still life was boring....so I went surreal.
So there you go, I learned from my mistakes, studied life, imagined stuff, and looked back on how far I come from this:


......
 To this:
Still having trouble with anatomy but I got better in this one. 

What inspired this post: Boxed Artwork comic by Andrew Dobson

No comments:

Post a Comment